"If you’re writing a medium or long section of text, break it up with more than one paragraph for Freshfield Global Services GDPR Statement
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will be effective from May 25, 2018 is designed to protect the fundamental right to privacy for every EU resident. Simply put, EU residents will now have greater say over what, how, why, where, and when their personal data is used, processed, or disposed. This rule clarifies how the EU personal data laws apply even beyond the borders of the EU and as such is regulation affecting all members, and therefore does not require the UK to draw up new legislation and will apply automatically
Any organization that works with EU residents’ personal data in any manner, irrespective of location, has obligations to protect the data. FGS is enhancing its existing data protection policies and providing the right tools and processes to support its users and customers to meet GDPR mandates.
Freshfield Global Services Commitment
At FGS, we have always protected our users’ right to data privacy and protection. As a Search Firm we treat data security as paramount. Over the years, we have demonstrated our commitment to data privacy and protection by meeting the industry standards for ISO 27001. Our data is stored in the Alchemy Systems International data centers, holding Cyber Essentials accreditation in Alchemy Systems, and have strong data processing and IT systems security systems in place which meet the requirements of the GDPR.
How has Freshfield Global Services prepared for GDPR?
We have thoroughly analyzed our responsibilities to meet the GDPR requirements and have put in place a dedicated internal team to drive us to meet them. Our ongoing initiatives we built upon -
1. Appointing our DP (Data Processing) officer as Project Manager to ensure compliance
2. Identifying where data is captured and how it is stored, then working on what upgrades are required to be compliant
3. Logging how we process all information and highlighting any data that is affected by this legislation
4. Improving data breach procedures to identify theft or confidentiality breach
5, Planning a re-education program for our staff
When Processing data we undertake checks and ensure the following:
- The processing is lawful, fair and transparent
- Transparent in what the data is used for
- Data is collected for a specific purpose
- The data is necessary for the purpose
- The data is accurate and kept up to date
- Data is not kept longer than necessary without permission
- The data is kept safe and secure